New Automotive & Motorsport Apps Released
Today must be the day for new Iphone Apps for the Automotive Industry
First there is the Autoblog.com Iphone App, from my favorite automotive news site
For those obsessed with the automotive industry, like myself, this the ultimate cool app. The best thing is the app is free, click here to enjoy
To quote Autoblog here is the Apps Key Features:
- Get it here first: You can count on Autoblog to deliver the most up-to-date automotive news before anyone else.
- Four apps in one: In addition to Autoblog, read green news with AutoblogGreen, check out new technology with Translogic, and find the Best Deal on your next car with AOL Autos.
- Beautiful images: View Autoblog’s gorgeous image galleries on the go.
- Streaming podcasts: Stream every episode of the Autoblog Podcast ever recorded straight from the app.
- Mobile tipping: Use the Autoblog app to tip our editors about anything, even attach images taken with your iPhone.
- Share it all: Share an interesting article with your friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter or get feedback on the new ride you’re researching.
- Get the edge: Build and configure your new car and get an AOL Autos Best Deals price before or at the dealership.
- Be prepared: A built-in loan calculator arms you with the numbers you need
- Let us remember it for you: Save configurations or build cars on the fly so you have the details with you.
The other new app to be released has more a Motorsport flavor
Audi Sport has created an upgrade from their 2010 app with all new features for the 2011 season
The 2011 version of the “Audi Sport” App has been released in time for the Audi R18 TDI prototype’s race debut in the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) at Spa this weekend.
The App gives fans the opportunity to keep up to date with whats happening during the race, even when they are out and about.
There is even an Ipad App which delves further into the team, with post race reports and stories about the team.
More images and full release after the jump
New Audi Apps for motorsport fans
- iPhone App “Audi Sport” with numerous new features
- Digital “Audi Express” for iPad
- Free download from App Store
Ingolstadt, May 4, 2011 – Audi accompanies its motorsport involvement in the 2011 season with two new Apps for the iPhone and iPad.
The 2011 version of the “Audi Sport” App for both the iPhone and iPod Touch is available as an update to download for free from the App Store in time for the Audi R18 TDI prototype’s race debut in the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) at Spa this weekend. The App gives journalists and fans the opportunity to be permanently up-to-date even when they are travelling.
In 2010 race reports, results, photos, sound bites and videos were already standard content for the Audi Sport App, which can now claim more than 40,000 downloads. The latest version is not only adapted to suit the brand’s new motorsport look. It also offers numerous new functions and features such as an expanded “Live Ticker” that actually shows which driver is at the wheel during endurance races, 360 degree images of the race cars, interactive introductions to the race tracks and wallpapers. Accredited media representatives can take part in the popular Audi DTM sweepstakes when on the move, view media appointments and order TV footage. The App was also adapted to the iPhone’s retina display.
Audi is also a step ahead of the competition on the popular iPad: a digital “Audi Express” iPad edition, which reviews the race weekend and also delivers a look behind the scenes of Audi’s multifaceted motorsport program, is published after every DTM and Intercontinental Le Mans Cup (ILMC) race. The “Audi Express” displays media information released by Audi Communications Motorsport in multimedia format and should supply journalists with stimulus for their own reports. The digital “Audi Express”, which is published every Tuesday after a race, is also available to download for free for all motorsport fans.
Like the race cars, both Apps are developed throughout the season and new features made available for users in the form of updates via the App Store.
The direct link to both Apps in the App Store:
Audi Sport (iPhone/iPod Touch)
Audi Express (iPad)