Subaru Australia sells out of BRZ in one day, All sold online
With the interest in the new BRZ expected to be huge and supply of cars to be extremely small, Subaru Australia knew it had to come up with a unique way to sell their first shipment.
Subaru decided to sell it exclusively online, at www.subaru.com.au to ensure a premium customer experience. The BRZ would be sold at a National Driveaway Price* starting at $37,150 with the car going “live” at 12 noon today, Monday the 16th July.
It proved a massive success, with the car sold-out after just three hours of going “live” on the web.
With just 201 cars available through to New Year, huge online demand temporarily stalled Subaru’s website, but after it went “live” around 1245 AEST, the first online customer took just 20 minutes to complete the process, from choosing accessories, completing their contract and paying their deposit.
More information and images after the jump
Among the amazing BRZ online statistics:
- Subaru website traffic initially quadrupled from 12 noon AEST
- In the first five minutes alone, there were eight orders
- 50 BRZs were sold in the first 1.5 hours
- Available stock was exhausted by 1547 AEST
BRZ orders are now against stock due to be delivered in early 2013.
Details of the car were only revealed on Friday, including:
- A National Driveaway Price* starting at $37,150
- Free three year/60,000 kilometre scheduled service plan**
- A five-star ANCAP occupant safety rating
BRZ ONLINE SELLING HIGHLIGHTS RECAP
- Simplifies the research and buying process for customers
- All BRZ specification, pricing and accessory information at subaru.com.au. Paper copies still available from all Subaru dealerships – easy access and understanding
- Price transparency – a uniform National Driveaway Price, for customer certainty and clarity
- A three-year/60,000 kilometre service plan available only via the Subaru National Network is included with every new BRZ sold – value for money and customer choice
- Book test drives online at a dealer location convenient to the customer – simply enter postcode on subaru.com.au to access nearest outlet with a demonstrator – no need to visit dealer beforehand
- Nominate delivering dealer online – customer choice and convenience
- Online trade-in valuation option – customers can consider options from the comfort of home
- Online finance calculator available at subaru.com.au** – information and customer convenience
- Online insurance information available at subaru.com.au – extensive information available at fingertips
- Entire contract process completed online – time efficient, plus clear information
- Dedicated customer support via a Subaru Australia BRZ coordinator – from order to delivery, customers will receive regular updates – a high level of information
* The National Driveaway Price includes the vehicle price, 12 months private registration, stamp duty, CTP insurance cost estimate (based on private purchaser with good driving record), and the BRZ three-year/60,000 km Service plan*** and is not applicable to business or government buyers.
** Online finance calculator provided by Subaru Australia for illustrative purposes only.
*** The BRZ three-year/60,000 km service plan covers all items specified under the standard “Maintenance for Normal Operating Conditions” schedule detailed in the Warranty and Service Logbook . This includes inspection and adjustment of all items listed, genuine parts, labour and fluids required for each standard schedule service. For full service plan terms and conditions go to subaru.com.au.